Friday, April 19, 2013

It's all in the preparation...But is it?

It's all in the preparation...But is it?

Interestingly enough, we can tell you how to craft a good speech, a little humour, no politically incorrect topics or phrases, then oh my...the person who doesn't do any of the aforementioned places first.
 
So, as a seasoned Toastmaster, I can only recommend that you speak on what's near and dear to your heart and soul. Always ask yourself "If I only had one chance to share with an audience, what would I want them to know?"

Think about the message you want to share, there has to be a point.

Getting ready for a contest means being prepared to move on. You just never know what will happen. For a lot of us, the first time winning is purely accidental...but from then on
it hardly is.

So will you be prepared for the next contest?

It has been an exhilarating experience for me and one I wish to continue experience, heck it's legal and much cheaper than drugs!

Annette Lavigne
A member since 1995
Owner/Creator of Shy Busters!

No comments:

Post a Comment